Take the Insanity Asylum Challenge with me!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

7 Day Detox: Day 1

I've been reading about basic detox regimens a lot lately and got really curious. So, I decided what the heck... I'll try it! Sounds interesting. I'm doing a 7 day detox by Jillian Michaels, which I'm pretty sure is just a diuretic (water loss) regimen. Here's the recipe:

60 oz. water
2 T lemon juice
1 T cranberry juice (no added sugars)
1 Dandelion Root tea bag (steeped for 30 minutes)
** I actually couldn't find this specific tea, so I chose Yogi Detox tea bags, which do in fact include dandelion root.

So, this tea is quite... Bitter. I've gotten used to it over the course of the day but YUCK. Not so tasty. I split the amount to 32 oz. before noon, and 32 oz. after noon. I also drank about 96 oz. of water today (my usual intake).

Prepare yourself to use the restroom very frequently.

Have to admit, I feel awesome! No bloat. Lots of energy. I can't really explain it, but I just feel good. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Apparently with this detox, you're supposed to lose up to 5 pounds within the 7 days. After reading reviews, I've seen any range from 3-6 pounds lost. We'll see what happens, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment